Pilar College of Zamboanga City, Inc., released the Tertiary Education Subsidy to the 30 student grantees with their parents/guardians for the first semester of A.Y. 2019-2020 last September 21, 2020 held at the Mother Ignacia Gymnasium with the presence of the School President S. Maria Preciosa M. Rusiana, RVM, Finance Staff and the TES Focal.
The CHED’s Unified Student Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education (UniFAST) continue to make TES stipends available to grantees enrolled in private universities and colleges as the country copes with the effects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Tertiary Education Subsidy is a government grants-in-aid program made possible through Republic Act 10931 that gives P60,000 per school year to financially needy students in private schools and those studying in private schools in municipalities and cities without public universities.
QUALIFICATIONS(as per CHED Regional Memo No.107 Series 2020):
In order to be eligible for the TES benefits, a student:
1. Must be a Filipino citizen;
2. Must be qualified under the existing admission and retention requirements of the SUCs, LUCs, and private HEIs, and have not exceeded the Maximum Residency Policy of the HEI;
3. Has not been expelled from any HEI;
4. Must be enrolled in SUCs, CHED-recognized LUCs or in programs of private HEIs that are in the Registry; and
5. Must qualify under any other future qualification policies that the UniFAST Board may require.